Another month, another New & Noteworthy from the team here at LoSoMo:
- Are you up to snuff on the latest social marketing trends? We loved this summary of the latest and greatest ways to put social media to good use.
- When Google gives advice about improving local ranking, we take it.
- Link-building is the challenge that keeps on challenging. You might want to take a look at these lessons learned from link-building campaigns that didn’t work.
- What’s the deal with local modifiers? Are they still necessary? Find a great discussion here.
- Have you heard of micro-moments? Delve with Think with Google into some valuable mobile consumer insights. (Bonus: check out our post about the Zero Moment of Truth too!)
- If you are starting a business or rebranding, your domain name is more important that you may think. We loved these tips for choosing the perfect domain.
- Ranking at the top spot on Google is a plus, but ranking #1 isn’t everything.
- 57% of traffic is reported from mobile devices and tablets. (TL;DR You need to optimize for both phones and desktops.)
- Mike Blumenthal does it again with 11 tips for optimizing your website to answer Google Questions.
- The Solar Eclipse was everything we wanted and more! If you didn’t make it to Totality, don’t worry, 2024 is just around the corner.
What did you learn and love this month? Let us know in the comments or on social media. We’d love to hear if there’s anything we missed.